You may think facial wipes are speedy, convenient and cheaper but you can achieve a full cleanse in two minutes and in the long term have enhanced skin for less money.
The Truth behind Facial Wipes
- Facial wipes do a decent job of dissolving make-up, including waterproof mascara, but they don’t pack the deep cleaning punch of regular cleansers.
- When you use a facial wipe but don’t rinse afterwards, there’s a chance that the lingering chemicals and fragrances could cause an allergic reaction while you catch some shut eye.
- Some brands are also quite harsh and can dry out the skin unnecessarily, again causing unwanted side effects.
- The nature of make-up remover wipe packaging requires added preservatives to increase shelf life, so you could also be exposing your skin to extra formaldehyde-releasing chemicals, which are commonly used as preservatives.
- What’s more, that wiping motion required to lift make-up with wipes can also irritate skin, since it’s much rougher than cleansing with water.
- Cautions those with eczema or rosacea need to avoid wipes, as even low-level irritations caused by some wipes can trigger flare-ups.
Time to Ditch the Facial Wipes
It is absolutely vital to determine your skin type prior to using any product on your skin. Here at No.6 Clinic we will help you to understand your skin type after a thorough consultation.
Our experts highly recommend Priori Gentle Facial Cleanser to our customers. This is a lathering facial cleanser for all skin types including the most sensitive. Regular use of this light foaming cleanser will ex-foliate so that you are left with fresh, renewed skin without irritation. By gently scrubbing your face and rinsing with water, you’ll remove any last traces of cosmetics, dirt and dead skin cells. This lovely 180ml product won’t harm your skin’s natural balance. A special combination of antioxidants with lactic acid, and being pH 4.4, this product provides superior anti-ageing skin benefits including;
– Smooths & heals
Wash your face with warm water to loosen dirt and clogged pores. Then apply the cleanser in a gentle circular motion or with gentle upwards strokes and rinse thoroughly with cool water to close the pores. Tip: Never use very hot or very cold water.
Your skin will emerge fully cleansed and ready to absorb any products you use, such as anti-ageing creams or acne medication. After cleansing you will need to use a toner to remove all traces of the cleanser and go on to use a moisturiser. We will explore the importance of these after cleansing steps in subsequent blog posts.
Better skin and a better off wallet
When it comes to it facial wipes don’t work out that much cheap. Priori Gentle Facial Cleanser retails at £24 at No.6 Clinic, aesthetician Bethany and some customers have used this product for the past year and have said one squirt of the product is enough per use to remove make-up worn. By being realistic about the amount needed these bottles can last up to 6 months. That’s right two bottles in a year, a total cost of £48 on make-up remover and cleansers. In comparison on average a pack of leading face wipes are £3 for 25 wipes. 365 days a year, that’s 15 packets needed which would be a total of £45. Although you think you may be saving £3 you are missing out a vital stage by not cleansing and in the long term using highly commended products will actually save you money on your total skin care regime. The old saying, prevention is better than cure.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss home skin care products, please give us a call on 01892 506930 to book a FREE half hour skin consultation.